Friday, October 28, 2011

10/28/11 - MasterMix


As I type, we are working out some of Dustin's guitar overdubs. We're in MasterMix with producer Brian Jacoby. We're down to just the three of us now, since engineer John Kargol had to jet, as did label rep Paul Bolen. But we continue on into the night.

Anthony called on the way here and let us know he was pretty sick. He left it up to us whether we wanted to sit in a cramped control booth with him and eat his germs. I told him to drink some O.J. and go to bed. Hopefully he'll be able to come back this weekend for vocals, but the way he sounded on the phone, I'm not too confident.

Dustin got here, though, and knocked out his guitar parts for "Hell-Bent" woman. And like I said, as I type, we're working on "Fluffy Little Hands."

He's demonstrating to us why we call him the Sparkle Sprinkler, sprinkling sparkles where they need to be sprunk. These songs sound good as they are, but Dustin's textures and layers fill them out and give them exactly what they need. I love to see a project come together. We're in the midst of some pretty thick Beards right now, and it's going well. I can't wait until we can show this to the world. It's some pretty good stuff, if I may say.

I may.

No comments:

Post a Comment