Tuesday, September 27, 2011

9/27/11 - IPR C-Lab 1

Tonight was a quick session. It was a non-Beards session. I (tony) am currently in a Mixing & Mastering course at IPR and the song "On the Sidewalk" is going to be my final project and a semi-final mix is due on Thursday.

All I had left to record is Dustin's part. The previous parts were tracked awhile back, as you can read about in previous installments.

We had a pre-production session tonight at IPR, so afterward, Dustin and I took some time to get the guitar line laid down. We settled into a C-Lab and plugged directly into the DI on an Mbox 2. After a few takes, Dustin made it happen. It's all good.

I originally thought that all I had left to record was Dustin's guitar, but after we listened together to my reference song (Paul Simon's "Under African Skies"), Dustin suggested some hand drums. I thought that was a really good idea. So tomorrow I plan to make that happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment