Wednesday, September 28, 2011

9/28/11 - Tony's Home Studio

Last night, when I was tracking Dustin's guitar part for "On the Sidewalk," he mentioned perhaps adding some hand drums into the song. I thought that was a great idea.

So tonight, before my studio mixing time, I decided to track some percussion in my basement home studio. Every year at Christmas, it has become something of a tradition for my mother-in-law to give me a fair-trade ethnic percussion instrument. So, I've got these toys that I've played with, but never really used for anything.

So I set up my Bluebird mic and played away. I had fun using several different things: cabasa, beaded gourd, claves, djembe, and bean rattle. Super fun. And the percussion is exactly what this song needed. I'm glad Dustin suggested it.

I headed to IPR to mix, which I did. And I liked the way it turned out. The end.

EDIT: Here is the official release of the song:



No comments:

Post a Comment